Bali is such an extraordinary little island! It honestly stole my heart from the minute I landed. I couldn’t get enough of the culture and all the beautiful places to visit in Bali. Bali has so much to see and do– you can be lounging on the beach one day and the next you could be climbing a volcano. It makes deciding what to pack for Bali a bit difficult. To help you decide what to bring on your Bali adventure, I put together this Bali packing guide.
This post on what to pack for Bali contains affiliate links, which means that if you click through to one of the product links, I’ll earn a small percentage at no extra cost to you. All proceeds go to keeping this site up and running.
When deciding what to pack for Bali, don’t forget your beach bag! Bali has some of the most beautiful beaches and water that I have ever seen.
- Flamingo Floaty– A flamingo friend to make all your pool pics insta-worthy.
- Floppy beach hat– Declare your jet setter status to all the other beachgoers with this adorable hat.
- Swimsuit– This suit is perfect for Bali because it’s flirty while also being a bit more conservative than a two piece.
- Sunglasses– Some sunnies to shade your eyes.
- Round Towel– Perfect for lounging on those gorgeous Bali beaches.
- A good sunscreen– You can never have too much sun protection!
- Beach Bag– A cute straw tote to hold all the beach essentials. If I’m checking a bag, I always make my beach bag my carry-on to save room.
- Cute Cover-Up– Easy cover-up so you can go from beach to lunch.
Dresses & Rompers-
I love to pack a mix of neutral and patterned rompers and dresses because they are just so easy to throw on and go. The fact that they usually don’t look too bad if they get wrinkled in your suitcase is a huge plus!
- Black Romper & Pink Patterned Romper– Rompers are my go to when packing for island destinations and a must for any Bali packing guide. They are an easy throw-on-and-go option that still looks put together.
- White Dress– You can’t go wrong with packing a stylish neutral dress.
- Palm Leaf Dress– You can match your dress to Bali’s lush greenery!
Tops & Bottoms-
When packing tops & bottoms, I tend to stick to a neutral color palette and then pick up colorful accessories in my destination. This way I pack less & get to bring home some fun souvenirs.
- Flowy Pants– These pants are perfect for covering up while visiting temples.
- Neutral Tank Top– This tank top can be layered and goes with everything!
- Denim Shorts– Denim shorts are my go to for any hot destination and a no brainer when deciding what to pack for Bali. They are neutral and hold up during any adventurous activities.
- Off The Shoulder Top– I always pack one top that can be dressed up for a night out.
Shoes & Sandals-
- Flip Flops– I love that these flip flops have a back! So much comfier and I worry less about them falling off or breaking.
- Sneakers– These are great for treks and any long days of exploring. These are also lightweight so they won’t be too suffocating in the Bali heat or be too heavy in your luggage.
- Sandals– Perfect for sight seeing or wearing out to a nice dinner.
- Hat– Sun protection is always a good idea!
- Crossbody Bag– A small crossbody is perfect for a night out.
- Scarf or Sarong– This will come in handy when you have to cover your shoulders to visit the local temples.
- Backpack– Perfect to carry around all the essentials while sight seeing.
- In-Flight Organizer– This organizer is my favorite thing in my carry-on! Before I leave home, I fill this with every thing I will need throughout my flight so that I don’t have to dig my bag out every few seconds. It fits perfectly in the seat pocket of most airlines!
- Eye-Mask– This mask is perfect for blocking out all light on a long flight. It helps me arrive well rested!
- Battery Phone Case– I’ve been known to use up all my battery during the first few hours of a long haul flight. This case extends my phone battery so I can sneak in a little more Netflix.
- Headphones– These noise cancelling headphones will drown out even the loudest of babies, so you can relax a bit more on your next flight.
As a travel blogger, I obviously travel with more electronics than most but I still try to keep it minimal and as light weight as possible. I do have a few essentials that I never leave home without:
- Sony a5000– I would tell every beginnger photographer that is intimidated by DSLRs to start with a compact system camera. This little camera is small, light weight and takes amazing photos. I didn’t know the first thing about photography when I started with this camera and my shots still came out amazing.
- GoPro– I LOVE my little GoPro. Seriously, this little camera has so much power and takes amazing photos. It’s perfect for taking on adventures to waterfalls or bringing along on diving adventures. Be sure to check out my tips for taking amazing GoPro travel photos!
- Skyroam Mobile Hotspot– Reliable wifi is a myth in Southeast Asia! This little guy will help if you need to keep up with things back home. Skyroam allows you to buy an all-day unlimited data pass for only $8.
- Travel Adapter– When figuring out what to pack for Bali, a travel adapter is a must! This adapter will keep your electronics charged and ready to go no matter what country you are in.
I hope this post on what to pack for Bali has helped your prepare for your trip! While you can find many things you need on the island, with so much to see & do, it’s important to be prepared so you can spend your time exploring.
You might want to check out these other posts on Bali & travel in Indonesia:
- 11 of the Most Beautiful Places to Visit in Bali
- 10 Amazing Things to Do in Kuta, Bali
- The Ultimate Gili Trawangan Travel Guide
Like this post on what to pack for Bali? PIN IT!